Friday, January 18, 2013

On Keeping My New Years Resolution (So Far...)

So, in order to keep my Resolution to be more creative and/or write more often this year I have been participating in Moorea Seal's 52 Lists.  The basic premise is that she provides a prompt every week and you end up making 52 lists over the course of the year. Brill, right? Well, the simpler the better for me. And being naturally inclined toward list making, I love it. It's an organized linear form of the chaos in my brain.

This weeks prompt is "List your greatest comforts," so I though I'd share a few of mine. And who knows, maybe you'll be inspired to make a few lists of your own!


  • My morning coffee.  If anyone follows me on Instagram, this comes as no surprise. Coffee is clearly my most photographed object.


  • Being surrounded by family.  
The more the better.

  • Long, meandering conversations with friends.

  • Ice cream eaten on the kitchen floor.

  • Baking.  Maybe I should just start answering the question, "What are you going to do with your English degree?" with, "Bake it into a cake."


Image from here

  • Lounging around campus on a sunny day with the first hints of Spring's aroma wafting in the air.  
It's great, you should try it.


2 comments:

  1. A few of those are my favorite comforts too. Specifically the coffee, baking and friends. I always look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That's exactly what I'm doing with my English degree. Baking it into a cake/cupcake/pancake/muffincake.

    ReplyDelete